You'll learn to use all types of equipment used in a commercial kitchen; you'll need to be able to work as part of a team; physical stamina and manual dexterity are important; equal opportunity for men and women in one of the most rapidly expanding areas of the economy.
Program length: 2 years
See what our class is doing!
Contact Mrs. Burtle
You will be able to:
- Prepare foods in large quantities
- Bake breads, pastries, entrees, etc.
- Prepare banquet and buffet foods
- Plan all types of menus
- Run a kitchen to meet sanitation and health requirements
- Operate commercial kitchen equipment properly and safely
- Understand food and beverage cost control
Culinary Arts CACC students need basic math skills to follow recipes, order food and convert measurements. Communications skills are also required to understand recipes, service the public, follow instructions, and manage a business.
You will be able to start your career as a(n):
- Prep cook
- Line cook
- Pantry cook
- Service person
- Restaurant management trainee
- Sous chef
- Kitchen manager trainee
CACC students are employed by:
- Sangamo Club
- Renaissance Hotel
- Oak Terrace Retirement Center
- Armed services
- Hilton Hotel
- Crowne Plaza
- Bob Evans
- Most area restaurants
Tech prep courses and credits available:
- Two-year technical degree in culinary arts or hospitality management
- Four-year professional degree in hotel management, restaurant management